Birth Control (Contraception) Community

birth control

Is my baby going to have any birth defects if I am three weeks pregnant today but got my depo shot 2 weeks ago.???
According to something I read about it once, if a woman becomes pregnant while using Depo Provera, and continues her pregnancy, there may be an increased risk of premature birth. But there's so much conflicting stuff, you would be better to talk to a doctor about it. They could give you better answers. You should have been tested for pregnancy prior to getting the shot though.
does mean there will be birth defects.. i got pregnant on the shot twice and both my children were fine, but every baby is different
im sorry that response was supposed to say does NOT mean there will be birth defects!!!
I was concerned about being pregnant and didn't want to get my shot. The nirse giving the shot said she didn't know she was pregnant and continued with her depo and her son has never had a problem.