could i be pregnant?

Hey, my name is Mary! Could i be pregnant? I was on depo (the shot)  for abt 3yrs, i decided to get off the shot in nov. because of weight gain. I had a appointment 2 go to the doctors office in early nov. i went and i told them i wanted to change methods ( from the shot to the pills). She told me my depo shot would expire on the 17 of nov., during the time of me getting of of the shot before it expired  my period would come off and on, it did that twice, i had came on for 14days then came off for like 7 then back to 10 days.  now, my shot has expired, From there she made me an appointment for the nov. 25, when i arrived on the 25th, she gave me the pills and she told me take the pills on the first sunday when i come on my period and that i should come on around the 8 of dec. because of the crazy bleeds during depo. On the 26, 27, and 28 me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex, on the 26 he use a condom and the other 2 days he didnt!!! During intercourse we both forgot abt me not taking the pills because i hadnt started takin the pills yet and he nutted in me on both days! Is there anyway possible i could be pregnant or not because of the depo might prevent my pregnancy cause of how it did me while i was on it? how soon could i find out if im pregnant, im really shake up abt the situation? Would i ever be able 2 have childern because i heard bad things abt women who use to be on depo?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I don't think you are pregnant, but anytime you have unprotected sex, even if you are on birth control you can get pregnant. I don't know anything about women not being able to have children because of depo, I never used depo.
Helpful - 0
I dont wanna get your hopes up but Depo gives all the symptoms and no results!! Have you had any regular periods at all? or just bleeding here and there? And also what about ovulation? Any signs of CM (cervical mucous) You have to factor all of these things in but the best thing is a test if it says no its probably right! Make sure you take the B/C pills if you are not to get your hormones regulated! I didnt know about doing that and its 6 yrs for me and im still NOT PG after Depo! Not sure if its the problem but it would have helped with my cycles it took me 7 months to get my AF bk after the shot!!
As far as kids every1 is different like i said its been 6 yrs and nothing! But my SIL was on it too and it only took her 12 months to get PG she now has 2 kids!!
Helpful - 0
I BLEED HERE AND THERE WHEN I WAS GETTIN OF THE DEPO, NOW DAT IT HAS EXPIRED, I HAVENT HAD A PERIOD YET BUT MY SUPPOSE 2 COME ON THE 8 OF DEC., BUT I HAD UNPROTECTED SEX WITH MY BOYFRIEND ON THE 27 AND 28! COULD I BE PREGNANT! I CANT TAKE THE PILLS UNTIL I COME ON MY PERIOD, SO THE PILLS ARE OUT THE QUESTION!!! WHEN SHOUD I TEST IF I AM????
Helpful - 0
well to be honest I rec. 1 shot of the depo and it took almost a year for me to get pregnant I had the iud for almost three yrs just had it removed in late August and im 7wks pregnant however I had regular cycles with both. However there is still that chance one can get pregnant when on any form of birth control. If your having worries purchase a test and see in about 2 to 3 wks.  
Helpful - 0
Thanksz for the info.
Helpful - 0
I ALSO HAD BEEN HAVING THICK WHITE DISCHARGE, WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?
Helpful - 0
That's your CM which is a good sign! Usually when you have that is when you are fertile! But again it all depends on your cycle !
Helpful - 0
cm? can you be pregnant and still have discharge?
Helpful - 0
You should see your doctor - a discharge like that can be many things, but one of the most likely is an STD.  Get tested for EVERYTHING - and make sure your boyfriend does as well.
Helpful - 0
okay, my doctor told me i should come on my period on the 8 of dec. me and my bf had unprotected sex on the 27 of nov. now its the 9 of dec. and i havent seen my period. could i be pregnant!!!
Helpful - 0
well i would say test to see wht the outcome is early morning is the BEST
Helpful - 0
ima try dat but i have taken a test before and it say neg... but ima try in da morning...y is the early morning the best time to test???!!!
Helpful - 0
Early morning is the best time because the urine is not diluted.  It's hard to tell if you would be pregnant because you have been on a birthcontrol method that has made your periods whacky.  It could just be your body adjusting to not being on birthcontrol and that's why your period is late.  If you still haven't gotten your period and you still get a negative with a HPT then call your doctor and go in to take a blood test.
Helpful - 0
i went to the bathroom... and when i wiped myself i seen pink like blood? what could dat mean!!! does it mean dat my period have arrived or dat i might me pregnant???
Helpful - 0
while today i went to the bathroom and im bleeding out red blood... plus... my stomach hurts like hell....these freakin cramps!!! i guess im on my period!!!
Helpful - 0
wow so you can rfeally get pregnant on the depo ands other birth control?/ I heard of ppl saying they got pregnant while on depo but never new how true it was..
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Birth Control (Contraception) Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.