Aa
A
A
A
Close
Birth Control (Contraception) Community
6.42k Members

depo-don't ever go there you don['t want to know what's really happeining-vaginal bleeding heavy = miscarriages confirmed by my second opinion obgyn so dont do it

how is that they can not disclose this info? sounds like bs
1 Responses
1200653 tn?1281589815
Most people don't understand that you have to do some research before trying these "easy-going-don't-have-to-worry-about-a-pill-everyday" birth controls and with that there's issues.
I was told by my doctor and even the pharmacist that Depo Provera has had some issues in it's dark past and gave me a lot of info before I made the decision of going on it. I went on it because at the time the pill didn't fit in my busy schedule.

Although there's been arguements of depo causing miscarriages, other birth controls (like the pill) also cause miscarriages. Sadly it happens to any kind of medication you put into your body.

Do you know that depo causes blood calcium loss? It's stated in the information giving in the box that you shouldn't be on depo longer than 2 years unless no other birth control works for you... I was on it for 3 years and my bones aged 10 years within those 3 years.

The drug is a strong one but has it's drawbacks.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.