Aa
A
A
A
Close
Birth Control (Contraception) Community
6.42k Members

depo provera

im 17 and i got on the depo shot in october of 2011 and i just got my 3rd shot today, i got the shot in my left arm and the nurse out the cotton ball and tape over it then a few hours later i took the cotton ball and tape off my arm and the cotton ball was very wet. could my depo have came out of my arm? or could it be from the rubbing alcohol she rubbed my arm with before she did the shot? im freaking out. every time i go get the shot ive had different nurses
1 Responses
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hi there,
The cotton ball could be wet from alcohol or slight leakage of Depo Vera .It is very difficult to confirm the exact cause leading to this. Even if it was leakage of a few drops of Depovera from the injection site it should not interfere with its contraceptive efficacy. There is no need for a repeat dosage. Stop worrying. It will be best to get your doubts clarified by a local healthcare provider. Do keep us posted.
Best luck and regards!
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.