Birth Control (Contraception) Community

depo

So how long until depo leaves my body cause i want it out of me? I got it a month ago and my first time side effects  are too much. I bleed for weeks head hurt on ad off, bones hurt under ribs ache on and off, i been mood breaking out and irrated on and off down there from pads.I dont want this anymore
Depo Provera is effective birth control for 3 months. I'm not sure how long it takes to completely leave your system.  You may want to contact your doctor, tell him/her of your complaints and decide on another birth control option when it's time you can make the switch. Best wishes!
I used to be on depo, and doc told me that you can get pregnant if you don't return for the shot in time before the 3 months is up. So I believe 3 mnths is the length of time.