Birth Control (Contraception) Community

effectiveness

How effective is a tubal ligation in a 46 year old woman?
Hi there,
Tubal ligation is quite effective in preventing pregnancy. Though no method is 100 % effective. There is a chance of becoming pregnant spontaneously after a tubal ligation, but it is only about 1-2% over a 10 year period. It is suggested to see a gynecologist and get examined. Only she can determine whether tubal ligation will be effective for you or not. This is merely an advice and not a substitute for clinical examination. Contact your doctor for more queries and assistance. Hope it helps.
Best wishes and regards!
Thank you for your response Dr.
I did have tubal ligation/cauterization done 6 years ago but have missed 2 months now.
I am 46 years old so I am told chances of being pregnant are almost at zero due to my age and the tubal.
I just needed to hear that confirmed because at my age I am not ready for another child.

Thank you