Birth Control (Contraception) Community

is there a chance im pregnant?

i just recently stoppped recieving my monthly birthcontrol about a lil over a week ago and me and my husband have sex on a regular basis, not thinking abou the fact that im no longer on the birthcontrol ive been taking for the past 2 years. well now im experiancing severe cramps in my lower abdomen worse then period cramps and my period was a lil over a week ago? wat could be the cause of this??
Such kind of pain due to involvement of the urinary tract, bowel, or even the appendix. Other causes can be infection of uterus, fallopian tubes or ovaries( pelvic inflammatory disease). It could be due to an ovarian cyst.An ectopic pregnancy should also be thought of.

It could be something simple as ovulation pain that is felt around the time of ovulation. This pain can range from a mild pinch or twinge to something more severe and can occur every month in some. Gastrointestinal problems including diverticulitis and Urologic problems, including stones, infection should also be considered. Your gynaecologist would do a pelvic exam and then an ultrasound to rule out any ectopic pregnancy (although chances are less likely).

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.