Birth Control (Contraception) Community

iud removal

Hey i havent had a period for 4 wks nw had my copper iud removed 3 days ago and did a negative p test as well what is going on with me? Im usualy very regular and my periods never mis a beat lol.
Hi there,
Copper IUD removal should not affect your periods. If your periods are delayed pregnancy is the commonest cause. Other causes of delayed periods are stress, anxiety, hormonal fluctuations and ovulation dysfunction. If you do not get your periods in next few days repeat pregnancy test. If pregnancy test is negative other causes of delayed periods should be considered. A clinical examination and work up may be necessary. Keep me posted on how you are doing.
Best luck and regards!