Aa
A
A
A
Close
Birth Control (Contraception) Community
6.42k Members

iud

I had the iud put in, in may and I have felt depressed, all I wanna do is cry and I have gained weight,  and cramps are really bad what is causing this and could I be pregnant.
2 Responses
761653 tn?1266275299
It doesn't sound like you're pregnant, it sounds like you're just having some bad side affects from the IUD.  I would suggest you speaking with your Gyno about your side affects and if possible they might put you on an anit-derpressant, and if that doesn't seem to work then they might opt to take that IUD out and see if you bounce back.  

As for the cramps, I beleive that they are compeatly normal with the IUD... again depending on how bad they are, I would contact your Gyno about them and see what they say, the might give you a perscription for some sort of pain medication or give you tips to help you cope with the pain.
1069248 tn?1255204911
That sounds just like me. i had the iud for 14 months and just had it removed in august. i was always depressed and i gained 60 pounds on it, not doing anything different, just the hormones in the iud messed my system up terribly. i hope you can figure out what will be best for you, but since having the iud out, i'm not as bad as i was with it, i'm letting my body have a break, but i would def say its worth getting it removed so you can get back to normal life. i would rather get pregnant again than feel the way i did with the iud in!
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.