Birth Control (Contraception) Community

longggg period

Ok so I stopped taking my birth control in july and my periods since have been 7 days starting out light about day 3 is heavy then it goes down gradualy to light and stops. Well this month it was light for 5 days then bam its been heavy for 3 days now and like heavier than i have ever had and i am not cramping too bad.. I have been in birth control since I was 14 and was put on it for severe cramps. When ever I got off it after 2 months I would start cramping bad again. Well about 3. Yrs ago (im 21) I went off it and didn't stop bleeding for almost 2 months drs ran tests I wasn't pregnant and didn't have a cysts.  Last year the same thing happened to me while I was still on nuvaring. And my dr put me on yaz. I decided to get off because I was having chest pains and now I never want to go back on bc. I was wondering how long this irregularity last and if it something I need to worry about? Should I still be able to have kids too? I feel like I am constantly bleeding!
You need a thorough evaluation for your condition. Bleeding in between periods and irregular periods can be due to several causes. The commonest cause of is hormonal imbalance. The two hormones regulating a woman’s cycle are estrogen and progesterone. If they get out of balance, one may have spotting. Pelvic inflammatory disease, STIs, atrophic vaginitis, cervical or endometrial polyps, cervical erosions are few common causes of bleeding in between periods. Delayed periods can be due to ovulation dysfunction, thyroid disorders, hormonal imbalances etc. Depending on your detailed symptoms and medical history your doctor may recommend a pelvic examination and other tests .Only after a detailed clinical evaluation the cause can be determined. Hope it really helps. Do keep us posted.
Take care and regards!