Birth Control (Contraception) Community

loss of libido due to contraception

Iam 27, Iam taking contraceptive pills almost 10years with no break. One year I am taking Marvelon. I ve read a lot about loosing sexual apetite couse of pills. I think its even my problem. And it goes hand in hand with sore vagina and very long stimulating for having sex. Does exist any other pills with less hormons which can effect this libido? Or do you know about some other version how to birth control? Thank you so much for reply. Michaela

Hello there MishaDubai,

Are you aware that most birth control pills can cause really serious side
effects like blood clots, stroke to mention two but there are others.
You have the right to tell your doctor you don't want to take birth control
pills anymore because you are concerned about the side effects. Say
you don't want to have a stroke. Yes, there are other forms of birth control.
Ask you doctor about these forms of birth control. I wish you well.
Thank you for reply. I was just curious if there are some other pills having less hormons that cannot effect my libido. Otherwise about the other side effects I am aware. Thank you again. Michaela