Aa
A
A
A
Close
Birth Control (Contraception) Community
6.43k Members

messed up my cycle, not sure what to do?

I messed my birth control for week and half because I ran out and couldn't get a prescription. She I got the prescription I noticed the pharmacy gave me a different brand. The doctor told me that I could start taking the new pack that night. Well the first month, I hardly bleed and in fact only had one wipe of light blood. That's it. Second and third month no bleeding. I've been moody and had bad cramps the weeks I was suppose to be on my period. I've taken pregnancy test each month and all came back negative. I'm suppose to start a new pack but I'm afraid I messed up my cycle. I don't know if I should start the new pack or wait until my body regulates itself. My period has always been regular. I never have had as bad cramps with the exception of these few months. I'm not sure what to do.

What should I do?
1 Responses
The different brand if pills could be causing this. You might want to talk to your doctor not every brand works well with every woman. I always had to have the low dose bc pills or I would get some bad side effects. If you don't feel it is the new brand then keep taking them the pills will finally balance your body out. Stopping them only means when you start then again you will have to deal with this all over again.

Although as I said I think you should talk to your doctor the cramps need to addressed. I do believe that the pills just aren't the right ones for you.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.