Birth Control (Contraception) Community

ttc after depo provera

I'm 20 years old I been on depo for a year and a half .. October 2013 was my last shot .. January 9 2014 I was suppost to get my next shot but I didn't because me and my fiance decided to try and conceive
Baby #2 before our two year old turn's 3
But little did I know it was gonna take 6 month to a year to conceive again.  Ok so I didn't have periods on the depo so I was waiting for my period to come back while it took 4month's to come back & it was just spotting for 6 days in April I was so excited because I thought yea now it my actually chance to starting really trying.. but no because may came and between periods was only 6 day apart so basically I have 2 period a month with only a couple of days apart .. I am so depressed I feel like something is wrong with me bacuse am still young and body should bounce back fast im not over weight either, im just so feed up wit this depo provera shot in my system it cost me a alot of issues .. I so done ttcing my heart is tired ..
Hello and welcome!
You can get pregnant anytime once you start getting your periods. After stoppage of Depo-Provera one can become pregnant as soon as three to four months after the last shot. It varies women to women. It may take some women up to a year or two to conceive once they stop using Depovera.It does not depend on how long you have been using Depovera.If you do not get your periods according to the stipulated time it will be best to consult  a gynecologist. Do keep us posted.
Take care and regards!