Aa
A
A
A
Close
Birth Control (Contraception) Community
6.42k Members

ttc after depo provera

I'm 20 years old I been on depo for a year and a half .. October 2013 was my last shot .. January 9 2014 I was suppost to get my next shot but I didn't because me and my fiance decided to try and conceive
Baby #2 before our two year old turn's 3
But little did I know it was gonna take 6 month to a year to conceive again.  Ok so I didn't have periods on the depo so I was waiting for my period to come back while it took 4month's to come back & it was just spotting for 6 days in April I was so excited because I thought yea now it my actually chance to starting really trying.. but no because may came and between periods was only 6 day apart so basically I have 2 period a month with only a couple of days apart .. I am so depressed I feel like something is wrong with me bacuse am still young and body should bounce back fast im not over weight either, im just so feed up wit this depo provera shot in my system it cost me a alot of issues .. I so done ttcing my heart is tired ..
1 Responses
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hello and welcome!
You can get pregnant anytime once you start getting your periods. After stoppage of Depo-Provera one can become pregnant as soon as three to four months after the last shot. It varies women to women. It may take some women up to a year or two to conceive once they stop using Depovera.It does not depend on how long you have been using Depovera.If you do not get your periods according to the stipulated time it will be best to consult  a gynecologist. Do keep us posted.
Take care and regards!
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.