Blood Disorders Community
924 Members

Elevated WBC & CRP going on 3 months

Hi - I have had an elevated WBC (12.5-13) and elevated CRP (14.5) for close to three months.  I originally presented with some severe GI lower abdominal pain that has since mostly subsided. I'm left with a general feeling of being unwell/off, one episode of random severe night sweats, occasional low grade fever (~100F) and a hard nodule on the back of my neck near my hairline (left side). It's about 3/4", hard, and doesn't hurt.  Appeared about a week ago fairly suddenly and seems to get slightly bigger or small day to day.

I've been worked up by gastroenterology and by gyn for a well woman but he took an interest in trying to figure this out.  It's been three months and nothing is getting better so I am looking for other angles.  So far I've had no therapeutic recommendation save a course of Cipro 1000mg q day during the first week of symptoms back in June.  My WBC and CRP have remained elevated despite the antibiotics.

Please help!  Thanks!
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
In this latest Missouri Medicine article, Richard J Weachter, MD, details the pros and cons of new blood thinner drug Dabigatran (Pradaxa).
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Salt in food can hurt your heart.
Get answers to your top questions about this common — but scary — symptom
How to know when chest pain may be a sign of something else