Blood Disorders Community
946 Members

Stinging

Hello,  It started off my skin being super sensitive feeling like I could feel a hair touching my skin.  Then I started getting the feeling like bugs were crawling on my skin but nothing there or soemthing crawling in eyeborwn and nothing there.  Now I am having pains all over my body like it feels like a bee bites me, but nothign there.  The crawling sensation is still there off/on.  Sometimes it feels like my hands/legs feels like numb.  I have been seeing alot of red like dots like a red pen inked on me all over my body but dr said probably broked vessels its hereditary.  I went to dr .  I had previously been on B6 100 mg for abuot 3 weeks becuase i was told by my urologist this may help prevent more kidney stones. I went off those becuase i felt like it was keeping me up to much.  The dr said that she thought it could be like w/d symptoms from the b6 or it could be another type of deficiency but did not think bugs at all.  It came back I have iron deficency but no anemia and my b6 levels were normal but low normal.  
She put me on ferrous sulfate for a month and back on b6 pills 50 mg. I was wondering do these symptoms sound like they coudl be becuase of a iron deficeny or b6 low level?  If so how long should it take with these pills for these symptoms to go away?  Or what else coudl it be.  Its driving me nuts.  I use free/clear laudry soap.
Thanks!
Hi!
If you are in the menopausal age, then crawling sensation on the skin is a common symptom. Hormone replacement therapy often helps. It is also seen in people who are very anxious and stressed out. Take up yoga, deep breathing exercise, walking etc to relieve stress. Music and aerobics are also good stress busters. Drink plenty of fluids and water (not caffeine), eat fresh fruits and vegetables and keep yourself busy throughout the day. Very dry skin and disorders of thyroid gland all can precipitate a crawling sensation. The other possibility is Morgellons disease often mimics scabies. The disease is believed to be caused by weak immune systems in people that have contracted the tick-borne Lyme disease at some point in their life. It can also be a fungal infection like Tinea corporis.
The red dots under your skin could be a bruise. Deficiency of Vitamin B12, folic acid, or Vit K could be the cause. The other possibility is SLE. The rash can also be petechiae, which are pinpoint-sized red dots under the surface of the skin. They can result from autoimmune disorders, such as lupus or rheumatoid arthritis, bone marrow disorders such as leukemia, inflammation of the veins, as a side effect of certain medications like birth control pills. A comprehensive investigation is required keeping all the points in mind. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Take care!
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
In this latest Missouri Medicine article, Richard J Weachter, MD, details the pros and cons of new blood thinner drug Dabigatran (Pradaxa).
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Salt in food can hurt your heart.
Get answers to your top questions about this common — but scary — symptom
How to know when chest pain may be a sign of something else