Blood Disorders Community
937 Members

blood when i wipe

I'm a 43 yr old Hispanic women .I m worried for the last two days when I Pee and i wipe thres light blood .I start my period every month  can  someone plz help me I much appreciate it thank you
Hi!
The blood could be coming with urine or from the vagina.
If the blood is coming from vagina then this could be due to pregnancy, ovulation bleed or implantation bleed. It all depends on the timing of spotting during your menstrual cycle. If you were expecting your periods then this could be a sign of pregnancy. So take a pregnancy test and see. If you are about two weeks from periods, then this could be ovulation bleed. You need to take a pregnancy test after 14 days to confirm pregnancy. If you are about one week from periods then this could be implantation bleed. Use of pills and depot shots do causes spotting between periods. There are many other causes of spotting between periods such as hypothyroidism, cervical dysplasia, cervical polyps, cervicitis (infection/inflammation of cervix), vaginitis (infection/inflammation of vagina), cervical and uterine cancer, uterine fibroids, hormonal imbalance as in polycystic disease of the ovary, use of blood thinners, genital ulcers, STDs and stress. A comprehensive investigation is required keeping all the points in mind.  
If the blood is coming from urine then this can be due to UTI, stones, bladder polyps, infections or cysts, vaginal and cervical infections (in females), affection of kidney as in diabetes and hypertension. Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral. Take care!
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
In this latest Missouri Medicine article, Richard J Weachter, MD, details the pros and cons of new blood thinner drug Dabigatran (Pradaxa).
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Salt in food can hurt your heart.
Get answers to your top questions about this common — but scary — symptom
How to know when chest pain may be a sign of something else