Blood Disorders Community
940 Members

platelets in blood

What can I do to increase muy platelets? I have been taking vitamin k for a month, but the platelets dont increase.I would like to be pregnant, but I have afraid that is a negative factor. I have 135000  plat. What do you think or reommend?
Hi!
I am not sure why you want to increase your platelet further. Please do not take vitamin K or other supplements without any need for them. A platelet count above 1,00,000 platelets per microliter (mcL) is considered normal. So your count is normal even though the range is usually 1,50,000-4,00,000. You should not have any problems in carrying the pregnancy forward. However, if in doubt, please consult your gynecologist.
Take care!
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
In this latest Missouri Medicine article, Richard J Weachter, MD, details the pros and cons of new blood thinner drug Dabigatran (Pradaxa).
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Salt in food can hurt your heart.
Get answers to your top questions about this common — but scary — symptom
How to know when chest pain may be a sign of something else