Aa
A
A
Close

Bone tumor

So last night I got a call from my doctor That had me take x-rays because I've been having a lot of pain in my hip and he called me to let me know that they found a bone tumor in my hip and he said the tumor I have is called Osteoid osteoma which is a benied bone tumor. My question is how do they know it's benied if I' haven't had a biopsy yet? I read that it cannot become cancerous at all even if I had it for years but it could do damage to the bone.  I'm a 23-year-old female this is the first time ive ever gone through anything like this I've never even had surgery so I'm just kind of nervous if anybody can reach back at me to let me know what you think about the situation I'm going through or if you have had any experiences were they told you it was benign and later on they found something. I don't want to get myself nervous I just want to get myself prepared if something bad does happen because I kind of freaked out when he let me know about the tumor but I feel like it's only normal for somebody that's never experienced anything like this. my story is actually very confusing I actually had a workers comp case going on because I fell really hard at work 2 years ago and I've been seeing different doctors for two years because of the pain I've been experiencing.i've had x-rays after MRIs after x-rays after MRIs and they've never found anything until I'm finally closing my case after two years the last doctor I see makes me take an x-ray and that's when they see the tumor. I just don't get it .I Havent spoken to anybody about it because I feel like they're going to get too worried. I'd like to hear other people stories.
Cancel
0 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Bone Cancer Community Resources