Bone Cancer Community
156 Members

Could this be Osteosarcoma? Please Help.

Hey, I am an 18 year old female. The only health problems I have ever had would be Chronic Sinusitis, Acid Reflux, and a deformed patella in my left leg (knee). Nothing serious. But for the past 3 almost 4 months i have had this weird pain in my left hip. It hurts to stretch, and the weird part is, when I am sitting straight up and I look down (meaning in, moving my head down) the hip pain will start. It doesn't last, it just does it and it's over. Same for when I stretch as i already said. Could this be Osteosarcoma? or would my symptoms be worse by now? Please help me.
You may be jumping the gun.  You should meet with your Doctor.  Describe as above and ask if he would recommend an xray.  Sometimes a cyst can form in the bone and cause pain.  I had one called fiberous dysplasia of the femur neck.  It was discovered by a secondary need for a knee x-ray.  My Doctor remembered that I had some vague complaints about hip pain on long drives.  Turned out to be dysplasia.  
I understand your fear but what made you think of Osteosarcoma?  I have had both Ewings sarcoma and Osteosarcoma in my right arm.  My Osteosarcoma was cause by the radiation treatment I had 20 years ago. The person above  my letter is correct about getting an x-ray of your knee.  One thing I have noticed is when people have pain in is not normally cancer.  Pain is a good sign.  If you had the swelling with out pain then I would be worried.  For both bone cancer I had they found it with an x-ray.  So make sure you get it checked out.  Good luck.
From Weezy2011
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.