Bone Cancer Community
156 Members

Growth on bone. Need help.

My mohther has growth(bump) on clavicle (5-6 cm).
He feels occasional pain (short, weak).
Please help me and Tell me what you think about it. I am very frightened. She has a CT scheduled later this month. So please tell me what can I expect from it.

Thank you, if your interested in something else, ask.
Is anybody here who can help me? Please i need response.
Try not to stress.  The scheduled CT scan will help assess if it something to worry about.  It may be just a benign bone cyst.  I hope this helps calm you.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Understand your predicament. The bump could be due to many causes. It could be a cyst, as mentioned. It could also be a healed fracture, which is more common with osteoporosis. It could also be due to infection of the bone. If there is accompanying swelling, redness, discharge and fever it is most probably an infection. It could sometimes be due to benign or malignant tumors. A CT scan may help diagnose, but only a biopsy is confirmatory.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.