Bone Cancer Community
151 Members

MRI test

Hi my name is Brittany. This question is pertaining my mom and her symptoms and an MRI test. Well for the past 7an half weeks now my mom has been having back pain that moves to her left side. Sometimes it just be in her left side and sometimes it just stays on her back. It comes and goes. For a little background she has PKD (polycystic kidney disease) she has diabetes and is anemic as well. Oh and kidney stones. Now back in Dec towards the ending or beginning shortly after we moved the back pain started. She was movn things as well then the pain started. She went to a hospital and they told her (i think they did x-rays) it was a pulled a muscle or some sort. He gave her sumtn but it didnt really help. So she went to otha hospital and they thought it could be an ulcer or gaul bladder but she left the hospital and didnt get the test done. The last hospital she went to they gave her a blood transfusion because her blood was low from the anemia. She was ok afterwards. Then they did the MRI test and she ended up leaving. But the technician called me and said she found spots on her spine and it could be bone cancer and she needs to see her pcd and kidney doctor and get another MRI...is it definite that its bone cancer? My mom is 67 by the way and cancer doesnt run in our family (not saying you cant get it from that)
Hi, understand your anxiety. The spots on the MRI could be due to tumors. Others which can cause similar pictures are cysts and sometimes hemangiomas. Again a follow up may be mandatory to see for changes in the lesion.
If there is a doubt then a biopsy may be needed. A biopsy facilitates a histologic study of cells, which gives you a definite diagnosis. So once you have the diagnosis you will know what measures or precautions you need to follow. Please follow up with your doctor. Regards.
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.