Thigh and back pain

Hey, I am a 20 year old male and for the last 7 or 8 months I have been suffering from a pain in my left thigh, hip buttocks and lower back area. It started from playing football and I got kneed in the side of my thigh, since then I have noticed a lump in the middle of my thigh and it is very sore and painful to touch, but this seems to have spread to the outta side of my thigh, and around the left hip, left buttock and lower back, more painful during the night, and it doesn't seem to be getting any better, do you have any idea as to what this could be?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Scottyyyy,

There may be a remote possibility that you may have suffered nerve damage among other potential ancillary damage.  Find a a Doctor who specializes in physical medicine & rehabilitation.  This type of Physician can conduct what is called an EMG to determine of nerve damage was done, and figure out a recovery plan.  A Neurologist would be a good secondary contact.    
Helpful - 0
I had a similair pain from a hit from my sons bike handle and lump  went to my Dr, I had a cyatic nerve issue and the lump was actually tissue swelling  from the impact,Healed up with anti inflammatory medication and rest Please see your Doctor because you never can be sure until you do and it will ease your mind too
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Bone Cancer Community

Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.