Bone Marrow Transplant Forum

Can Bone Marrow examination be done in case of low platelet count

Hello....My mom has been suffering from anaemia from a very long time.For about the last seven years(2005-12) she took B-Long,alpha-d3 and Livogen tablets everyday along with decadurabolin injection once every two months.Last year suddenly her platelet count dropped down to 41000 /cu mm  because of liver infection due to chronic hepatitis b(infected since birth).She went to a haematologist who prescribed her to take Lamivudine 100,Cheri tab,folvite and becozinc caps. everyday.Her liver condition has improved but the platelet count is still about 60000 /cu mm,TLC-2700 /cu mm.She has never carried out a bone marrow test(none of the doctors have recommended till now).Now my question is that can there be any adverse effect if my mom undergoes a bone marrow test with such low platelet count?
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.