Bone Marrow Transplant Forum

Will bone marrow transplant for MDS "cure" Behcet's?

I was diagnosed with Behcet's syndrome in Dec. 2009 after visiting doctors of many different specialties. I was diagnosed with MDS on May11,2012 and treated with Dakogen from May - Nov. at the local hospital where I had worked in Respiratory Care for 22 years. In November, 2012 I decided it was time for a second opinion and went to see Dr. James K. Mangan at HUP. We have recently identified several 9:10 bone marrow transplant donors for me and will begin the work-up process soon. I have a curious question. When I am transplanted for the MDS will that rid my system of the Behcet's as well?
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.