2 BPD Together

Where can borderlines "get together" and "meet?"  My therapist said it was a "bad idea," but I had an intense but deeply satisfying relationship with another borderline, and there were some clear benefits:  feeling understood (I wasn't constantly having to explain myself and was never called "a monster"), helping each other cope (when we both weren't in an episode) by sharing ideas and books and encouraging one another. Growing in understdanding of our own disorders by watching it played out in our partner.  Has anyone else had this experience?  Does anyone know of an online BPD dating site?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi there.  Oh yes I agree whole-heartidly with your comments about how good it would be to find and meet up with fellow BPD sufferers, but yes, provided it was not (as someone else mentioned) during episodes.  I feel dreadfully alone and isolated as there is apparently no body else suffering BPD in my locality (as my Dr would have me believe).  Understanding is a great thing but very hard to come by.  X
Helpful - 0
I agree with your therapist.
Helpful - 0
I feel the same way as you! I'd like to find a bpd too..bad idea maybe but Idc.
Helpful - 0
yup kinda sounds cool, to be with another borderline, mutual understanding and all
Helpful - 0
Thanks for sharing. Fortunately online communities can help us feel less "alone" and "one of a kind" because we find others here who struggle with some of the same issues.  Trust me, you're not the only one in your locality!  If BPD affects 1-3% of the population (on average), even at 1%, if you live in a town of 50,000 people, that means 500 individuals would be (not all are diagnosed, of course).

; )
Helpful - 0
I would open my home as a place for local BPD groups to meets!..  a nearby church would offer a weekly room free.  Great idea! .. perhaps even social events.
;-]
Helpful - 0
I think its a good idea, dating, but if not that at least friendship, someone to talk to.  BPD is something few people seem to understand, it would be nice to talk to someone who does.  
Helpful - 0
Id love to meet BPD sufferers locally, ive been to many places around Manchester asking for this, and they always say its not a good idea.  So what is a good idea, we all keep suffering this alone?
  My first love at 17 was with a girl who suffered from BPD, and we still feel a small bonding now 10 years later even tho a whole lot happened since then!  
  Im hoping to work on a facebook page, to help people who suffer, showing them options they do have open to them and sites like this one where they can talk to fellow BPD sufferers, i'd love it if anyone could help me out with info on other websites and helpfull things for us.  Thank you.
Helpful - 0
Love the idea of a positive Facebook page highlighting some of the "finder qualities" of borderlines (smile) and offering HOPE!!!  Links to quality Web sites, books, people's helpful coping strategies and support communities like this one.  Count me in on your "help team!"

; )
Helpful - 0
Personalty I feel that I too would like some one who understands my "craziness" as my doctor (a GP) and my husband has only read about the problem. Oh yes they are helpful in a way but.....
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Borderline Personality Disorder Community

Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.
Can I get HIV from surfaces, like toilet seats?