A
A
A
Close
Borderline Personality Disorder Community
1.45k Members

BPD and Medication

Hi,

I have just been diagnosed with BPD and have been put on Paxil and Diazipam ... i have only taken the first Paxil this morning ... what should i expect? When should i expect it to happen? PLease any info you can give me would be fab.

Thanks
1 Responses
10013100 tn?1418039529
Hello and welcome!

With certain medications, it takes time to build up in your system and it also takes time to get to the proper dosage. You may feel better in a few days or a few weeks. If nothing changes, even when the medication dosage is upped, you may need to try other meds. Sometimes it takes time to figure out what works for you. There is not one drug that helps everyone all of the time.

In a side note, the meds Will only help with the symptoms associated with BPD (I.e. anxiety, depression) it will not help the BPD itself. You should also try DBT/CBT to help you understand your thought process and how it works (out doesn'twork).

Hopefully this helped. Feel free to contact me if you have questions.

Angela
Popular Resources
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.