BPD and Medication

I have just been diagnosed with BPD and have been put on Paxil and Diazipam ... i have only taken the first Paxil this morning ... what should i expect? When should i expect it to happen? PLease any info you can give me would be fab.

Hello and welcome!

With certain medications, it takes time to build up in your system and it also takes time to get to the proper dosage. You may feel better in a few days or a few weeks. If nothing changes, even when the medication dosage is upped, you may need to try other meds. Sometimes it takes time to figure out what works for you. There is not one drug that helps everyone all of the time.

In a side note, the meds Will only help with the symptoms associated with BPD (I.e. anxiety, depression) it will not help the BPD itself. You should also try DBT/CBT to help you understand your thought process and how it works (out doesn'twork).

Hopefully this helped. Feel free to contact me if you have questions.

Angela

You are reading content posted in the Borderline Personality Disorder Community

Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.
Can I get HIV from surfaces, like toilet seats?