Downhill spiral

The last day and a half I feel like I'm spinning downward uncontrollably.  Nothing anyone says to me is right, and I'm worried/scared/sad but I'm not sure why.  I know the pregnancy is making everything worse, but I'm not sure what to do while I wait to start feeling on the upswing again.

I don't know if the pregnancy and Borderline Personality Disorder together can make for these emotional responses or if something worse is inside.  Has anyone felt like this?  What can I do?  I think I need my therapist.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Yes you should speak to your therapist and look up more on post partum depression as even before birth the hormonal changes can set off moodswings. It would be warranted to speak to a psychiatrist as well if you are not seeing one as that usually needs treatment for the duration of it or beyond depending on how long these feelings last.
Helpful - 0
Thank you.  I did try to reach my therapist (who I'm actually losing at the end of the month), but she wasn't available.  

I feel so bad for feeling like this.  I mean, last night he talked to me about picking out my engagement ring, and he bought $800 worth of baby furniture online with me.  I know it will not be as hard when I'm there permanently, but the meantime is a *****...
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Borderline Personality Disorder Community

Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.
Can I get HIV from surfaces, like toilet seats?