Borderline Personality Disorder Community

I have BPD and I have a boyfriend who I love, can I make this work?

I'm a 21 year old woman and I've recently been diagnosed with bpd. I have minor to major bpd 'moments' (if that's what their called) almost everyday and at least every week. I apologise profusely to my boyfriend often after having these moments, and try to explain as best I can that I'm not upset with him I'm just upset. He's very good with it but can sometimes become a tiny bit angry or upset because he takes it personally. I also experience 'splitting' with him (hating him one moment loving the next)
Long story short I can't ever loose him (typical bpd) so are any of you with bpd still with a very long term partner and how did you make it work?
(P.s I am starting therapy soon and I am very eager to change)
  It will take a lot of patience from him and a lot work from you and it won't be easy. Dialectical behavior therapy has been known to be successful for changing the self destructive patterns. If you're anything like me, you will grow to hate the word mindfulness and the inventor of DBT, Marsha Linehan will become your mortal enemy due to her awful videos. :)
  Anyhow, it can be done, but it won't be easy. However, it is 100% worth it in the end. Good luck!!
As long has he has some basic awareness about the condition you can do things together that could help show him certain trigger factors that will affect you but give him the best way to work with you while you are in that place in your mind
Thank you so much, I am seeing a therapist that he has agreed to possibly come to with me to try to work through this. It is so hard at times when everything feels like too much❤️
1.53k Questions
How eating more salt may actually save your life.
A deeper look into the relationship between salt and hypertension.
Why checking at new times can help.
Could you benefit from this alternative glucose testing method?
They’re one of your most important tools for managing diabetes.
Learn about less common treatments for managing diabetes.