I think my mom (45) has a mental disorder, but I don't know what to do.
She often has drastic mood swings, sometimes she will even be mad as soon as she wakes up in the morning. She blames others for everything, and is mad for hours or even days over very small things. I haven't suggested professional help because she still views me as a child even though I am an adult. I had a confrontation with her three days ago and she is still ranting on about one thing I said. She either ignores, or doesn't see the good things people do so she constantly berates my dad and I for the things we've done "wrong". She never accepts that anything she does is wrong or hurtful, she just immediately accuses us of expecting her to be perfect, or always blaming her. My dad already has clinical depression, and she is making it worse. She's also held a grudge against my sister and brother-in-law for the past five years because she thinks they started dating before they told her. She was even mad at their wedding. But, she hides it very well and acts nice around other people, so no one outside our immediate family suspects anything. I don't know what it is, but can't believe this behavior is normal, and it's only getting worse.
I don't know how to edit, so I'll just say this here. When she gets mad like she is now, she'll go from being very quiet to singing and chanting (usually fixating on one thing), and she go around throwing things away and ripping up papers and then brag about how she was cleaning. She'll say very harsh things and then sometimes just go back to watching tv and not saying anything.