Aa
A
A
A
Close
Borderline Personality Disorder Community
1.45k Members

I'm insecure and it's driving me mad. How can I change?

I'm insecure and it's affecting me and my relationship. I've become extremely possessive of my fiance and extremely hateful towards women. I don't know what to do..  I have no clue how it got this bad. When he mentions a female he works with, I'm instantly questioning who it is. I don't like other females being close to him or texting him. I asked him to not have contact with ANY exes or women he's had sex with. That bothered him and made him think I don't trust him. I just honestly think there's no reason to HAVE contact with any of them. Anyways, my questions are: How can I change to become not insecure? Is it possible? How do I boost my self-esteem?
1 Responses
Hi, I don't really know what to say that will help you. I was just recently diagnosed and I don't have much self-control right now. I've only been with my boyfriend for two years and I have been extremely controlling and overbearing. Right now I'm thinking about how to ask him to stop talking a girl who's in his classes. And I've convinced myself that they flirt all the time. I don't know what I' doing. I would love to be less insecure as well. Maybe we can help each other.
Popular Resources
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.