Jeff

What does this sound like ? I seem to be at certain times unable to talk to people . It causes me so much stress and agony before I go to a funcfion or make a phone call , I just want to side step or postpone the situation . If I try to de-synthesize by confronting and acting upon my fears  , my behavior and actions are comprimized and often mis-read . I'm sure my problem can be percieved by others because my stress instantly translates into complete pyhical and emotional mal-function and incapability . I have alot of other stuff that corralates with this condition . Where can I look for help if I have a limited income ?  

Jeff , 58 , retired , Hep.C
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Jeff,
Are you sure it's not anxiety?  Does this only happen when you are going into certain situations?  I knew someone who had anxiety when he flew and it was so bad he could hardly handle himself.  Another person I know gets anxious around unfamiliar surroundings with people he doesn't know very well.  
Helpful - 0
That used to happen to me too. Maybe you have a hard time talking becuz the words are not an adequate and honest expression. Sometimes in life we get stuck in roles playing people we don't even like and interacting with even more people we don't like. I'd start by spending time with someone you are comfy with, talking about normal things, then role-playing situations that are similar to the ones that cause you anxiety. When you are able to love yourself unconditionally you will not rely so heavily on approval from external sources.

Love and Light,
Diemyn
Helpful - 0
There could be more going on than anxiety. I'd see a therapist and have them refer you to a psychiatrist. What kind of benefits are you on? You don't have to post here but you could send me an onsite e-mail and I could help you figure it out. See if you are eligible for Medicaid because that's the easiest form of coverage to apply for. Also apply for Social Security now. If you had to retire because of a disability you could be eligible. I help people with this through my non profit which I do for free. If you notice this post send me an e-mail and I'll provide you with links and full information. I personally advocate for people with benefit issues within my boro in New York City (Queens) as well but if you are outside of there I could refer you to somewhere and tell you what to apply for. But in general your local independent living center (one in every county run by and for people with disabilities not anti-treatment but not medical model) could help you. Follow the link and the find the one near you and give them a call:
http://www.****.***
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Borderline Personality Disorder Community

Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.
Can I get HIV from surfaces, like toilet seats?