Self-obsession

I have a self-obsession and it revolves around a fear of being ugly. I'm a good looking guy (without blowing my trumpet) but lately I have become entirely self-obsessed with my image and how I look and feel it is having a really bad effect on my life. I often feel depressed and anxious, perhaps I should consult  a doctor on the matter
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Yes, consult a doctor or a theraphist who can help you from a better understanding. This seems like it's something very important to be dealt with someone who is a therapist and or doctor. It's like a step by step progress you have take with helping yourself out. (=
Helpful - 0
Thanks tourniquet, I think I will do just that! cheers
Helpful - 0
Hope it helped but at the mean time if you still feel depressed and anxious, you are not alone. There are other sites..anywhere to where you can read about people like you.. That's what I do when I feel a certain way.
Helpful - 0
Can you drop me a link?
Helpful - 0
Seeing a doctor would be a good idea.  It could have roots in low self-esteem or selfconsciousness or be part of a disorder such as body dysmorphic disorder, depression, etc.
Sounds anxiety-related.  It could be that you are just afraid of a potential loss.  Could be just a life transition you're going through.  We all go through phases and challenges as we age.

Not sure if that's very helpful.  Talk to your doctor.  There are expert forum here that may be more helpful.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Borderline Personality Disorder Community

Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.
Can I get HIV from surfaces, like toilet seats?