A
A
A
Close
Borderline Personality Disorder Community
1.45k Members
1455996 tn?1326176690

asking for help?

So....I've been living with struggling with and suffering from BPD for many years. Been receiving treatment for some mental illness for 18 years.... I've moved around a lot, can't seem to find the right place, so of course new move, new doctor. Each doctor seem to disagree with the last- new diagnosis, new meds. All these years being guessed upon for diagnosis's, Bern prescribed the last drug the rep just dropped off.... It was 6 years ago since I survived our was BPD. Only in the last year and a half I was finally getting the treatment I needed- until this passed summer... My youngest child turned six, I no longer qualify for medical care. My therapy ended, meds have stopped.... I feel my mind spinnng out of control. Every blog, website, self help show our book...they all say ask for help! I read posts on here from concerned friend it family members of people with BPD and wish I had someone like that, to help me. I no what's wrong with me, I know I need help.... But what do you do when none is offered our available. I am terribly terribly burdened by my mind- will someone please hear me!!!!
3 Responses
943760 tn?1318604430
Hello, here are some site to look over; I feel bad that you were cut off from getting help like that. Have you thought about Disability? That would give you all the help you need. Plus an income and a check for each child you have.

www.dphhs.mt.gov/

http://www.mthealth.org/eligibility/

I hope all works out for you.

Dannie
1926996 tn?1322990095
Being cut off so suddenly and not feeling like you have support is very difficult to be going through. I agree that looking at disability payment options would be good thing right now. This is very hard to function with and you need some help to be able to work through things and get to a place where you are able to handle things better.
I wish you the best with this and hope things can be sorted out soon. Hugs
1934095 tn?1323646010
Hi, depending on your income, Medicaid (Healthnet for children and parents) covers children under 19 years of age and their parents. Here is a link that may be helpful.

http://dss.mo.gov/fsd/maf.htm

Good Luck!
Popular Resources
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.