bpd and children

Hey does anyone on here have bpd and children I have three aged 7 4 and 1 I was diagnosed when my youngest was 3 months old I hated my life while growing up as my mum is very similar to me but there are differences I'm worried I have affected my children I do my best but I know its not always good enough I also think I have post natal depression from my middle child and its got worse with my youngest I don't know what to do about it because I lied to my doctor and told her I was fine after coming off meds (I was sick of feeling like a zombie) so I'm not sure if I will be taken seriously any advice
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I am unmarried and never had children ... but dont discount my words  ....

Hi , the very fact that you posted in this forum itself shows that you understand there is a problem ,, Many BPDs lack insight (like my uncle and my father ) and create horrible lives for themselves and others . When we understand the issue and admit it things will get better in long run .  BPDs with insight are really great unlike BPDs without insight ..

Lots and lots of info on internet on BPD on the net and as long as we get into therapy and over time many things will get better ..

My first cousin has BPD(this uncles son ) and since he has better insight than his dad he is doing better in life . Are you in DBT ?  Also just bcos U have taken medicines dont have  to be a zombie ... talk to ur doc and there are lots of meds which wont make u a zombie ...

Regarding me .. I have BPD traits but doing better though my dysthymia hmmm is bad at this moment and hope to get better  ... best wishes
Helpful - 0
One of the main problems I have that stop people helping me is that I am very in tune with my self I will walk away and clear my head instead of fighting I do get angry and shout but I walk away before I lash out I will see my gp before things get really bad but now I just don't see the point in talking to anyone because I'm not taken seriously I'm not after sympathy or anything just help but iv exhausted every option so my only option is to pay privately but ill have to save up first so I can stick to it
Helpful - 0
dear friend a book by david burns called feeling good the new  mood therapy will help you in addition to ur other treatments . i am chronic depressive and i think its helping me somewhat ..and i think i have some bpd traits too ..
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Borderline Personality Disorder Community

Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.
Can I get HIV from surfaces, like toilet seats?