Borderline Personality Disorder Community

cymbalta (duloxetine 60mg)

hi
i suffer with BPD and have tried a number of meds. My phyc has now put me on Cymbalta.
I have suffered with alot weight gain from sertraline which im still trying to get off.
I dont want to go down that route again.
Has anyone taken cymbalta? did u gain weight? how did it effect ur moods?
thanks in advance.  :)
I don't know about cymbalta.

But I know a good webside about healthee food, that might help with the weight.

http://www.whfoods.com/

Don't know about cymbalta, but don't try Zyprexa, I was on that for 9 years and gained 60 lbs!   Went off Aug last year and have lost almost 50 of  that....plus I felt like I was in a fog all the time...
Thank you ill check that website out.  
Thank you, ill stay away from that med. Well done on the weight-loss. I gained 32lb on sertraline (zoloft) and havent managed to shift much at all.
Duloxetine normally has the other effect of actually switching off the hunger levels in the body unlike sertaline so you should be fine
i'm on Cymbalta, it helped with my depression and anxiety. Its most helpful effects for my BPD symptoms were that it allowed me to fully participate in DBT therapy and skills training. Before, I would frequently get too anxious or depressed to go to therapy, so I never made it all the way through a program.
How eating more salt may actually save your life.
A deeper look into the relationship between salt and hypertension.
Why checking at new times can help.
Could you benefit from this alternative glucose testing method?
They’re one of your most important tools for managing diabetes.
Learn about less common treatments for managing diabetes.