Aa
A
A
Close
is it difficult for a person with BPD to hold down a job, if so why?
I have BPD and dont have a job right now but have had several in the past. I either get bored, get stressed, sometimes paranoid, think Im not being included, copy how other people behave at work so I can be liked too. I also get very cross very quickly, Ive been sacked several times, or just left  sometimes really good jobs cause somewhere in my head I conviced myself they were going to fire me and I couldnt face the pain of it....Im in my 50's my husband has a job thats reasonable income but we need to save more money as retirement looms. Help, what can I do?. Get a job and suffer again or wait it out and just get along with the money we have saved for retirement.
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
OMG!!!! Not to be weird thruthseeker16 but your my twin in the world. I too have BPD and Yes it is sooo hard to keep a job. I too had multiple good jobs but left them making styling decisions. I blow up at little things too, especially questions I feel that person knows already and is just trying to get to me by asking me anyway. I hope you found the help you needed. I am starting DBT dialectal behavior therapy soon. And it is a specific treatment for BPD's.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Me 2. I also have BPD and found it difficult keeping jobs. I hated working with lots of other people and also would get stressed and lash out quickly. Thankfully, for that reason, I've been approved as 'disabled' and no longer have to have a job to go to anymore.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.
Borderline Personality Disorder Community Resources