self esteem

I am facing extreme low status of my self esteem, I am feeling always inferior, I am unable to express my views. I am a touchy person. I have a strong wrong image of myself. What can I do? Please help.  

Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Access psychotherapy.  You may also like to see a psychiatrist to see if there are additional causes, etc for this.
Helpful - 0
hi , can i take help from experts in this forum?
Helpful - 0
You are free to ask questions on this forum.  It is a forum for borderline personality disorder.  People with this disorder often have difficulties with low self-esteem.

People on this forum are members of medhelp and may or may not have the expertise you seek.  It is a casual setting.  Members who need more intensive support, where able, get that support from health professionals in their area.

Most members here aren't trained to provide support although we all have a lot of life experiences that we draw from.

Not sure if that answers your question.  Proper and long-term support would be best provided by a health professional in your local area.  We are happy to try and answer questions here and to provide you with some support if we can.
Helpful - 0
Hey, I have BPD and my main issue is low self esteem also.  It's a hard one - people tell you to stick up for yourself and treat yourself better but it's like my head tells me cosntantly I am worthless and not worth treating well.  I'm not sure what the answer is but my CPN (Mental health nurse) recommended this book

Overcoming Low Self-Esteem by Dr Melanie Fennell (Paperback - 16 Apr 2009)

I am going to read this and see if it helps....

I empathise with your struggle, you aren't alone in feeling how you do
Helpful - 0
I think that many of us struggle with low self-esteem.  I think the important thing for people with bpd is to feel accepted.  Once we feel accepted and worthy our self-esteem increases and we are more able to nuture ourselves (are less dependent on others to sustain us).
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Borderline Personality Disorder Community

Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.
Can I get HIV from surfaces, like toilet seats?