Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

too old for this

I'm 53 years old never used a chat room before. diagnosed bpd about 25yrs. ago. my son is 28yrs. has just been diagnosed i can barely manage myself how will i be able to help him
2 Responses
i knew no-one would know what to say to an old bpd sufferer am i the only over 50 bpd out there
585414 tn?1288941302
I have a psychiatric disability but not specifically bpd. I do know that some people who post here who live with bpd might have some more specific ideas. I do know that dbt therapy is helpful for people with bpd (including for some people I've known off site diagnosed with it). In general I know that family therapy or support groups for family and friends can be helpful. This is a helpful site that has some support groups that might be of help as regards bpd (among their listings).

http://www.blackdoginstitute.org.au/public/gettinghelp/supportgroups.cfm

You are reading content posted in the Borderline Personality Disorder Community

Popular Resources
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.