too old for this

I'm 53 years old never used a chat room before. diagnosed bpd about 25yrs. ago. my son is 28yrs. has just been diagnosed i can barely manage myself how will i be able to help him
i knew no-one would know what to say to an old bpd sufferer am i the only over 50 bpd out there
I have a psychiatric disability but not specifically bpd. I do know that some people who post here who live with bpd might have some more specific ideas. I do know that dbt therapy is helpful for people with bpd (including for some people I've known off site diagnosed with it). In general I know that family therapy or support groups for family and friends can be helpful. This is a helpful site that has some support groups that might be of help as regards bpd (among their listings).

http://www.blackdoginstitute.org.au/public/gettinghelp/supportgroups.cfm

You are reading content posted in the Borderline Personality Disorder Community

For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.