A
A
A
Close
Borderline Personality Disorder Community
1.45k Members
1386667 tn?1279628007

what more can i do?

about 3 years ago now, son was taken into care through domestic violence towards myself and i had a psyological assesment done which said i had traits of a BPD then i had another done in 2009 and also a phyceatric assesment done which also said the same thing i was adviced to seek long term psycothearpy, i went to the gp and was reffered to the mental health team in the local hospital, i had a number of interviews with them and had a discharge letter saying even though i have traits of a BPD i do not meet the dianostic critria, what do i do now????? i ned my kids back and untill i do this long term psycotherapy they are not even gonna look at it plz help me
2 Responses
751197 tn?1270314156
This almost seems like a legal question that should be addressed to your attorney or other court advocate. The only thing I would suggest is to seek out a psychotherapist for talk therapy (counseling) with whom you are comfortable. The child welfare system is concerned with safety of the home environment and parents' stability. By engaging with a therapist individually for a period of time, s/he will develop enough knowledge of you as a person to be able to write a report either that is favorable returning your son to your custody, or recommending further actions for you to take to prepare for that.

Best wishes to you.
You should speak to your GP or mental health service for a re-referral or for psychology input.
It would also seem appropriate to seek legal advice re: getting your kids back.  Having a process in place may also help you feel like there is light at the end of the tunnel.
Popular Resources
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.