Brain & Body Fitness Forum

height

hi, im 18 yrs and my height is 178 cm.....will my height increase.. ... my fathers height is 183 cm
suggestions
thank you
Hi there and thanks so much for your question! Did you know that strength training can add few inches to your height?  Regarding to that specific question I wish I had a clear answer to your question. Unfortunately there are many factors associated to our height.

The rate of growth in males varies from male to male. Some males don't stop growing until they are 19, and for some males it is even older. It really all just depends on a the males hormones

Research and evidence is supporting more and more that generations tend to be taller than the previous ones. In practical terms my Dad is 174 cm and I am 183 cm so normally current generations surpass previous generation but sometimes it is not the case and remember that males tend to grow up to 18 years old

I want to try to help you understand how we are getting taller as a society with this reflection from a Professor in Scientific American

Michael J. Dougherty, assistant director and senior staff biologist at Biological Sciences Curriculum Study in Colorado Springs, Col.

"In fact, over the last 150 years the average height of people in industrialized nations has increased approximately 10 centimeters (about four inches).
Most geneticists believe that the improvement in childhood nutrition has been the most important factor in allowing humans to increase so dramatically in stature". to read more copy and paste the following link

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=why-are-we-getting-taller

I hope this helps and you have a wonderful day!
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.