Brain, Pituitary and Skull Base Tumor Forum Forum

small lump under skin in neck

I have noticed a small pea-size lump on my neck about  2 inches below and 2 inches behind my left earlobe. it feels somewhat soft and slightly painful when I touch it. There is a mild throbbing --comes and goes -- on the opposite side of my head, above the ear, inside the cranium. These are very new symproms.
I also felt tired and slightly noxious today (could be unrelated.

I am a 68 y/o female of average weight, (5'5" height and 146 lbs) relatively healthy with history of high blood pressure that has been under control with Benazepril Hctz 20/25 mg. I also had bilateral lumpectomy 3 years ago (DCIS and minimally invasive in-situ lobular carcinoma.) I had only radiation treatment and have been taking Femara. I have frequent follow-ups and no problems in that department.
My doctor is away for the next few days.
Should I be concerned? what coulld that be?
Most likely these are inflammatory lymphnodes. Usually from viral infection. You should show your doctor when he is back.
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease