Brain (Cerebral) Aneurysm Community
231 Members

No one knows why he doesn't wake up

My friend had a benign tumor his whole life. It was discovered during his childhood. Last year he had complications and the tumor caused an aneurysm. The doctors removed the tumor. They told the family the surgery had gone well and that he should wake up soon (there was no major brain damage) . He never did, he has been in a coma for the last 7/8 months and every time they try to take out the sedatives he has no reaction, he actually fights the machines and can't breath or has an attack of diarrhea. He can't stand more than 2 minutes without the sedatives. The doctors keep telling us they don't know why he doesn't wake up. He is a healthy young boy. Any new ideas, please?
Sorry to hear this! Has any things changed since u posted this? I am considering having one of 4 aneurysms repaird by a new variety of stent. I think when dealing with ones brain you can't know how or why things happen.
I sure hope your friend has improved. Is he in pain?
Best, Nicky
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease