Brain Health Community
690 Members

IRM result

I did a IRM and I discovered that I have :
1)mild dilatation of the lateral ventricles and bilateral;
2)median arachnoid cyst behind cerebellum (it dimension is11 milimiters).
I should worry because some medics (not specialists) said to me that I shouldn't worry about this problem and I must make a new IRM exam after some time?
I think you got good advice that you shouldn't worry about it, but you should have it checked again, sometime in the future, to make sure the situation is stable.  There are a lot of things that can show up on an IRM that are coincidence and don't really mean anything.  A lot of what it means depends on the reason for the IRM and what symptoms you are having.  A lot also depends on your age, because certain kinds of changes in the brain are common as people get older.  Your local medical team will be the best source of information.  If you feel you did not get a good explanation of your test results, it would be fine to get an opinion from another doctor, or you can just go back to the first doctor and ask for more details.  I hope you will be able to find a way to be peaceful with this.  Good luck.
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.