Aa
A
A
Close

Long term effects from brain swelling and cerebullar ataxiw?

So when I was little I had really bad tremors. They were so bad they said I would never write. Eventually I coped and they went away. But then when I was 6 or 7 I had brain swelling and cerebullar ataxia due to the chicken pox....after that I had bad migraines for a short time
But they went away. In school I had a lot of trouble with math and they said I had a learning disability. As I've gotten older I have noticed this has gotten a lot of worse. I cannot focus, I have high anxiety and feel very disconnected from everything around me. I often have trouble driving and frequently almost h t into accidents.i feel like I'm not myself and like I'm living in a two way mirror where I can see everything
But I cannot comprehend or process it. I'm on vyvanse and Zoloft but it doesn't seem to help me anymore. I recently have started to have tingling in my hands and feet and behind my face with in the last year. I also have trouble remembering things......Is this because of what happened to me? What do I do? I've teached out to my dr but It seems like no one believes me :/
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Have you ever been checked for ACM1??
Your symptoms sound all to familiar to me!!
This is something that I was born with & never knew I had until it ripped the rug out from under me in 2008.
I've since had Tethered Cord Release surgery in 2009 & brain surgery in 2012.
I still have a VERY POOR quality of life! Unfortunately, this is often misdiagnosed as Fibromyalgia or Chronic Migraines. I was being tested for MS & Chiari showed up on my C spine MRI. The neurologist told me that it wasn't significant & I should just ignore it. He, like MANY neurologists, are not well versed in this disorder! It's taken me 9 years & several states to find a neurologist that specializes & is well versed in this horribly misdiagnosed, debilitating disorder!
There are more Neurosurgeons that specialize in this than there are Neurologists that do.
Best of luck to you! If I can be of any help, please don't hesitate to reach out!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.
Brain Health Community Resources