Brain Health Community
691 Members

Muscle Twitching post Brain surgery op

I had a Craniotomy  to remove large brain tumour 7 months ago, and recovering well. After surgery i experienced some very mild muscle twitching in arms and legs, it went away for few months but has come back again, mostly at night or whilst resting.  My right arm also gets very tired easily (i am right handed by the way). My tumour was on the front right so surgeon does not think weakness has anything to do with surgery.  But i am worried about the muscle twitching, does anyone know if this can be a symptom of having brain surgery?
It's really hard to say.  It could be unrelated to your surgery; for instance, it could be restless leg syndrome.  I assume you have a neurologist that you see periodically?  I would mention this to him or her.  Since the symptoms occur mostly at night or while resting, you might end up being referred for a sleep study.  If you have been released from neurological follow-up, or if your next neurology appointment is a long way off, then I would talk to a primary care doctor about it.  
Won't see Neurologist for 8 months so I will make appointment with GP, just worried it is seizure activity.  I have just got my driving license back, don't really want to have to taken off me again, but nonetheless do not want to chance anything
I can understand why you would be concerned about seizure activity, as you just went through treatment for a brain tumor.  A lot of people have this kind of symptom who don't have seizures, though.  It's an excellent idea to go ahead and get it checked out, and put your mind at ease.  If you care to post back, we'll be interested in hearing what you find out.
Thank you very much, I will do that
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.