Brain Health Community
691 Members

Pineal cyst

My 13 year old daughter was sent for an mri due to having headaches and fatigue,after 9 days of not hearing anything I rang up and asked for them,they told me her mri was normal but they had found a cyst which they said was nothing to worry about,the day after I got a letter saying normal mri but slight thickening of the mucosal lining and a thin walled 6mm pineal cyst which they think is insignificant, I have now been sent a letter referring my daughter to a neurologist and I'm now so very worried they think it could be something more worse than just a cyst,my appointment isn't until the 31st of jan with the neurologist and I am going out of my mind with worry,has anyone had anything similar happen to them.kind regards.
I'm sorry you're having to wait.  Statistically speaking this is probably benign and everything will be fine.  But once in a while it's not, so better safe than sorry.  It sounds like she is at the typical age for a benign pineal cyst to get bigger, so that seems like a good sign that this is probably all this is.  Perhaps her headaches are unrelated and hormonal also.  
Hi I keep telling myself this but has a mum you can't help thinking the worst,thanks for your reply and will update on Friday after I've been to see the neuros xx
Hi went to see neuros today,and they are 99.9% sure it's a cyst,they will be doing a follow up mri with contrast in 6 months,this has taken some worry from me but still very worried as the scan she had previously was done without contrast.
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.