Brain Health Community
686 Members

globus pallidus

my friend has holes in her globus pallidus as a result of lack of oxygen during surgery on her leg. she has had a personality change leading to complication with being able to focus on conversations, acute depression and just feels like she lost part of her personality. can the holes be closed? is there help for this condition?
I'm sorry to hear about your friend's problems.  Brain injury is highly individual, so there is no "blanket" statement about what she should expect.  She will need to be evaluated by a neurologist, if she has not been already.  The doctor who performs her evaluation is in the best position to advise her.  If she is not satisfied with that, she could look into the possibility of being tested by a neuropsychologist, which is a psychologist (not a medical doctor) who specializes in testing the mental abilities of people who have suffered from brain injury.  Best wishes for your friend's recovery.
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.