Can anyone help me with my MRI decipher findings?
Hi, I am a 47yr old female, I have had bad migraines followed by projectile vomiting without feeling nausea for the last 4 yrs and increasing in quanity and severity for the last 3 months. Two weeks ago I had an MRI and my Dr.s office called and said I have a tumor on the lining of my brain, I looked that up and see that it is most likely a meningioma.  I would like some feedback on what the other words mean on my findings page I received.   Specifically,
"Extra-axial mass with central calcification along the right vertex"
"underlying mass effect without underlying signal abnormality"
"no underlying parenchymal signal abnormality"
"calcification along the anterior falx"

I might be repeating a few of those, I'm mainly looking for info on the location of the mass.  I have been reffered to a neorosurgeon and their office says I have to wait for them to call me to make an appointment to talk to someone.
Any help on the meaning of the findings would be appreciated, thank you in advance.
Krystalinentity

It would be better to have all the words instead of just a few, as it can be misleading to just pick out a couple of sentences in an MRI report.

I am a patient and not a doctor, so these are my best guess responses...
The first is about location and has some calcification. Calcifications can help the doctor determine the type of lesion.
Mass effect means it is large enough to push on other areas and is pushing things out of their normal location. It can be small or large, but no way to tell with the information given.
The rest is all about the location of the lesion.

I don’t have enough information to really help you or pinpoint the location with the information given... but you usually can get a copy of the mri on cd and see it yourself.