I found this:
" * There are different types of treatment for patients with adult brain tumors.
* Three types of standard treatment are used:
o Radiation therapy
* New types of treatment are being tested in clinical trials.
o Other types of radiation therapy
o Hyperthermia therapy
o Biologic therapy
* Patients may want to think about taking part in a clinical trial.
* Patients can enter clinical trials before, during, or after starting their cancer treatment.
* Follow-up tests may be needed."
I will add it to the health pages.
Did you ask your doctor about this chart? I would have thought it would have depended on tumor type?
I hope your husband gets the best treatment he can get and recovers. I would try any treatment possible. I wish I had done this when my mother was diagnosed with a grade 4 glioblastoma multiform tumor. There isn't much hope for someone with glioblastoma, however, I wish I had allowed her to be treated rather than opting for hospice care. There's a famous doctor at Duke University's Tisch brain tumor center named Dr. Allan Friedman. I wish to God I had gotten in touch with him before we put her in hospice care. I would call his office rather than e-mail.
Here's a link to his contact page: