Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community

I have a 6 MM right frontal lobe T2 non-malignant menengioma & fear every headache.

Besides the menengioma I have had MS for 3 years, SLE for 14 years, a arteriorgram  to remove a small heart blockage that failed.  I have scarring on my lungs from 16 diagnosed cases of pneumonia that left scarring in my lungs.  My breathing at about 65% of normal and vasculitis.  I also have Miniere's Disease.  Would it be normal/ common for me to fear every headache is a new tumor or brain bleed, all things considered.  Especially since I'm only 6 months into having the tumor?  Would it be normal for me to fear the worst with most symptoms?  I forgot to mention in 2011 I went into respiratory distress.  I died in the E.R.  my bowels loosed and everything.  I was revived after maybe 3 days on a ventilator/ life support in ICU.  So would it be normal for me to fear symptoms?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Given your past history, I would say your anxiety has a real basis. Wow you have been through some real crud and so yes, why would you not fear something new?

I have been through no where near what you have (a couple of pit tumors, breast cancer, meniere's, myasthenia gravis etc) and even so, when I get a new thing, anxiety is raised. You have coped with a lot of things in the past, so you know time, I think, will lessen the fear a bit. In the mean time, reaching out to others can help for a while maybe your neurologist knows a specific psych doc to help that is aware of the physical as well as the mental (so they don't just toss pills at you and don't really understand).

I am dealing with a post-op infection so not posting as much. Can't wait until this is over.