Aa
A
A
A
Close
Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community
2.19k Members

I have a 6 MM right frontal lobe T2 non-malignant menengioma & fear every headache.

Besides the menengioma I have had MS for 3 years, SLE for 14 years, a arteriorgram  to remove a small heart blockage that failed.  I have scarring on my lungs from 16 diagnosed cases of pneumonia that left scarring in my lungs.  My breathing at about 65% of normal and vasculitis.  I also have Miniere's Disease.  Would it be normal/ common for me to fear every headache is a new tumor or brain bleed, all things considered.  Especially since I'm only 6 months into having the tumor?  Would it be normal for me to fear the worst with most symptoms?  I forgot to mention in 2011 I went into respiratory distress.  I died in the E.R.  my bowels loosed and everything.  I was revived after maybe 3 days on a ventilator/ life support in ICU.  So would it be normal for me to fear symptoms?
1 Responses
COMMUNITY LEADER
Given your past history, I would say your anxiety has a real basis. Wow you have been through some real crud and so yes, why would you not fear something new?

I have been through no where near what you have (a couple of pit tumors, breast cancer, meniere's, myasthenia gravis etc) and even so, when I get a new thing, anxiety is raised. You have coped with a lot of things in the past, so you know time, I think, will lessen the fear a bit. In the mean time, reaching out to others can help for a while maybe your neurologist knows a specific psych doc to help that is aware of the physical as well as the mental (so they don't just toss pills at you and don't really understand).

I am dealing with a post-op infection so not posting as much. Can't wait until this is over.
Have an Answer?
Top Cancer Answerers
Northern, NJ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.